The front of the pack gives the following information;
- Sugar Guard
- 60 Capsules
- Natural Sugar & Starch Carbohydrate Blocker
- Kidney Bean Extract with Chromium and Green Tea
The back of the pack gives the following information;
- Food Supplement
- Carboslim is a innovative new product that contains kidney bean extract renowned for its ability to bind to carbohydrates such as sugars and starch and prevent their conversion to glucose and therefore fat; Green Tea and Chromium, help speed up the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins in the body. A unique natural supplement suitable for men and women designed to help achieve your weight loss goals as part of a calorie controlled diet.
- Recommended Daily Intake – Adults and Children over 16 years of age, two to three capsules before every carbohydrate-rich meal. Take up to six capsules daily. Do not exceed recommended daily intake unless advised by a suitably qualified person.
- Two capsules contain (Average) – Chromium 100micrograms which is 250%RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance), White Kidney Bean Extract 500milligrams with RDA not yet established, Standardised Green Tea Extract (standardised for minimum 60% polyphenols & 40% catechins) 100milligrams with RDA not yet established.
- No Added Sugar.
- Free from Yeast, Gluten, Wheat, Soya, Dairy.
- Free from Artificial Colours, Preservatives & Flavourings.
- Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
- Store in a cool dry place out of sight and reach of children.
- HealthAid Ltd. HealthAid House, Marlborough Hill, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1UD, England.
The side of the pack gives the following information;
- Ingredients: White Kidney Bean Extract (Phaseolus vulgaris), Bulking Agent (cellulose), Standardised Green Tea Leaf Extract (Camellia sinensis), Capsule Shell [hydroxyl propyl methyl cellulose (HPMC), water], Anti-caking Agent (silica, veg. magnesium stearate), Chromium Picolinate.
- Caution: Please seek professional advice before taking this supplement if you are on prescribed medication. Not suitable for pregnant or breast-feeding women.
Sugar Guard – This brings one thought to mind; Diabetes. Diabetes and sugar are words that tag along so seeing the two words Sugar Guard, I am moved towards recommending this for my diabetic clients. Let’s not forget the word of caution stated above though, seek professional advice before taking this supplement if you are on prescribed medication. Most diabetics are on prescribed medication so we have to ensure compatibility between the Carboslim and Diabetic medications.
60 Capsules – The recommended dietary intake is two to three capsules BEFORE EVERY CARBOHYDRATE RICH MEAL. Take up to SIX CAPSULES DAILY. Do not exceed recommended daily intake unless advised by a suitably qualified person.
What would you call a Carbohydrate rich meal? I really don’t know what they have in mind but I believe every meal is carbohydrate rich unless of course you are on a low carb, high protein diet, in which case you would not be needing Carboslim.
For those who eat the regular day to day meal like me, I would assume we eat at least twice a day. So that’s two Carbohydrate Rich meals a day. So taking two to three capsules for two meals will mean I use four to six capsules daily. But lest I forget, we are told to TAKE UP TO SIX CAPSULES DAILY and DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE UNLESS ADVISED BY A SUITABLY QUALIFIED PERSON.
To put it simply, you can use the capsules if you eat at most three carbohydrate rich foods a day at two capsules each unless advised differently by a suitably qualified person.
So the Carboslim box should last at most 10 days.
I wonder how much weight you lose in 10 days. It could be dramatic or not. I wouldn’t know since I have not used Carboslim. If you have used it by any chance, please leave a comment below. We may need to buy more than one box.
Vegan – According to the list of ingredients, there are no animal products and it’s also free from dairy. I need to also take note of the difference between vegetarians and vegans since the product says it’s suitable for both.
Vegans do not consume any animal products or by-products and they do not use materials made from animals like fur. I don’t know if they use products tested on animals. If you have more info on that please leave a comment below.
Vegetarians, on the other hand, can use some animal products like dairy, eggs etc. They just don’t eat meat or fish. They can also use materials made from animals.
Natural Sugar & Starch Carbohydrate Blocker – HPMC is a semisynthetic polymer. That’s somewhere between natural and synthetic so I assume the manufacturers were referring to the active ingredients alone when talking about the product being Natural.
Chromium is a chemical compound and it’s supposed to be an active ingredient but it is not the sugar & starch carbohydrate blocker. Definitely not the Natural one.
Since the Kidney Bean is the only active ingredient that is a sugar & starch carbohydrate ‘blocker’, I believe it is safe to assume that the word Natural is meant for the Kidney bean extract only.
On a final note,
If there is something I didn’t notice or you have anything more or less to add or debate, feel free to leave your comments below.